Description:The Project Manager provides overall management direction on complex concrete construction project(s). Establishes project objectives through planning and budgets, serves as the primary point of contact with the client, and monitors construction and financial activities in collaboration with the Superintendent. Responsible for the financial results of the project.
- Responsible for preconstruction duties working on estimating with senior management to analyze company's capabilities versus market needs by soliciting subcontractor bids, examining scope of work, and reviewing bid drawings/specs. Once project is secured, construction schedule must be developed, and site visits to establish logistics should happen.
- Facilitates job transition meetings, administrative meetings and operations start-up meetings to develop project schedule, financials, procurement, jobsite set-up, vendor selections, site plans, and project schedule.
- Prepares target/feedback information, project reports regarding costs and field purchase orders. Initiates plans for daily documentation and procurement while ensuring that quantities, time, vendor invoices, major purchase orders and subcontracts get done.
- Leads daily meetings with team to review performance, schedules, and installation of work.
- Manages cash flow by preparing all cost-related reports, bills, collections, and approvals.
- Fosters guidance, direction, coaching and support to project's direct reports by working with HR to support career development, promotions, demotions, relocations, corrective actions and discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining client relationships, technical records, compliance, and safe work environment; participates in training/certifications.
Requirements:- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 4 years of experience, or 8 years of concrete construction related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Management skills to be able to effectively communicate with all project personnel through reports, correspondence, presentations and procedures.
- Ability to understand cost accounting
- Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft software, and construction software such as Primavera and Pro Contractor.
Rival Construction is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Through its practices, Rival Construction ensures equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and veteran status.